Are you a Site Services Technician looking for a role that offers good career progression? Or maybe a multi skilled maintenance engineer looking to take on more responsibility and move away from shifts?
We are recruiting for a Site Services technician at the Cake Factory in Halifax. This is a day based autonomous role that offers career progression and lots of training and development.
You will be the specialist for all service equipment across the site including boilers, refrigeration, compressors and water systems. Other work will involve overseeing contractors, general amenity work in line with expected standards and permits. A lot of the role will be spent working independently so you will need to be decisive and able to work under own initiative.
This role be split approximately 60% hands on and 40% desk based
You will ideally be time served and electrically qualified with 17th edition regulations. You will have experience of working on site services equipment/amenities. However we will also consider multi skilled maintenance engineers with an interest to work in a site services role.
Whilst this is a day based role you will occasionally need to be flexible your working arrangements to accommodate requests that drive the site’s performance.
The Site Services technician will;
- Provide engineering resource in carrying out planned maintenance, breakdown repairs, refurbishment, installation, improvements and modifications or upgrade to plant and services in order to maximise plant performance and maintain equipment to the required standard
- Improve plant availability, life cycle costs and efficiency
- Carry out all engineering work to high Engineering, Quality, Safety and Hygiene standards
- Support the engineering function in moving to World Class standard in maintenance standards in line with AMIS audits and benchmarking
Essential Experience, Skills and Qualifications
- You will be multi skilled and will have completed a formal engineering apprenticeship
- You will have an engineering qualification to at least City & Guilds level, NVQ level 3 or equivalent in an electrical and/or mechanical discipline with corresponding practical experience ideally in an industrial environment
- Accuracy/attention to detail
- Interpersonal skills
- Complex machine operation skills
- Problem solving techniques
- Influencing skills
- Data analysis & interpretation skills
- 17th Edition wiring regs
- Full understanding of safe working practices and relevant legislation where applicable
- Experience writing and reviewing risk assessments
Experience in an industrial environment
Experience of generic engineering equipment is essential as is experience of the following:
o Steam Raising Boilers and associated plant.
o Air Compressors
o Effluent Plant
o Water Systems
o A/C Systems
o Fire Management Systems
Needs the ability to clearly understand engineering drawings, symbols and notation
Flexibility – willing to accept and adapt to change including changing demands or objectives.
Teamworking – able to cooperate with others to achieve common goals.
Communication – have clear and concise written and spoken English. Input to team briefings and meetings. Listen to and consider others. Deal politely and promptly with enquiries and requests
Drive for results – act to meet own goals and objectives. Take pride in consistently delivering high quality work on time.
Problem Solving – identify problems & find solutions using the appropriate techniques. Take personal responsibility to ensure that solutions happen. Learn & apply more complex problem-solving techniques. Think creatively to deliver possible solutions
Continuous Improvement – implement design enhancements to support site requests and business targets
Planning and organising – think ahead and prioritise. Do not take things at face value and uses data to support effective decision making. Know when to seek advice or expert support.
Developing self and others – seek to involve, develop, support and encourage others. Strives to improve own performance via being receptive to feedback and coaching. To actively up-skill at all available opportunities
Managing Time – Must have the ability to self manage time, prioritise workload and work with minimal supervision.
Purpose Led – Energised by our promise to deliver happiness to the world with every bite.
Agile – Ever evolving, never satisfied and never standing still.
Collaborative – Works with others for mutual success, transparent, a win-win seeker
Positive – Self-motivated, optimistic, courageous and inspiring.
Resilient – Quick to adapt to change, fast learner and persistent in the face of setbacks.
To apply for this role please click here