- Do you have experience within Regulatory Affairs and you’re looking for your next challenge?
- Are you from an FMCG industry?
- Would you like to be part of pladis – home to McVities Biscuits, GODIVA Chocolate & Ulker?
Get in touch now, we’d be thrilled to hear from you!
To support the Regional Regulatory Affairs lead to ensure the legal compliance of all pladis products sold within UK, Europe and Sub-Saharan African markets.
Liaising with other pladis regions, to support the compliant export of products manufactured in region, outside of region. To provide sound regulatory advice to support the launch & re-launch of pladis products in an efficient manner, ensuring all formulations and product claims meet legal requirements and comply with pladis policies.
Apply and translate our expertise to minimise regulatory and scientific barriers, and leverage opportunities to protect our business and ensure competitiveness within the region, while driving business growth.
Key Accountabilities & Deliverables
- Manage a Regulatory Affairs team supporting one or more pladis brands and/or sales region.
- Accountable for the regulatory compliance of the defined pladis brands in accordance with sales market, including product formulation, pack copy generation and artwork sign off, as well as ensuring compliance with pladis policies.
- Effectively aligns Regulatory resource, liaising with commercial and R&D teams ensuring the timely delivery of key projects, compliance of the innovation pipeline, as well as ensuring existing products in the market continue to comply with ongoing changes in legislation.
- Provide direct support for innovative product claims, ensuring the claims are compliant with relevant market legislation, guidelines and advertising rules
- Evaluates upcoming laws and regulations in order to identify potential threats or opportunities. Communicates regulatory emerging issues internally to regional teams and cross-functional partners, and presents proposed solutions / mitigation plans.
- Manages & develops direct reports to deliver the business plan. Motivates team, develop skills and careers through effective implementation of performance plans and talent mapping of high potential team members.
- Represent pladis at external meetings, conferences, trade organisations as appropriate.
Skills & Experience
- At least 5 years experience of working in a regulatory specialist role in the food industry
- Proven track record interpreting claims regulations globally.
- Line management experience
- Track record of time management and ability to prioritise workload & deliver on time.
- Ability to work with ambiguity and deliver under pressure
- BSc / MSc Degree in Food Legislation, Regulatory Affairs / Law or other Food Science based subject
To apply for this role please click here