Technical Coordinator (Multi-Skilled Engineer)
- pladis – Home to iconic snacking brands McVities, GODIVA Chocolate & Ulker
- We make sweet & Savoury treats for consumers around the world!
- Are you a multi-skilled engineer within the FMCG market?
Making a difference – How this role contributes to our success?
This role provides full Technical Engineering support to the production function under the leadership of the Team Manager and by working as part of the production team, you will understand and contribute to achieving the goals of the Factory by efficiently carrying out any assigned operation or task. The aim is to manufacture the company’s product to an agreed specification in a cost effective and safe manner.
The role will require the flexibility to work site-specific shift patterns. TC’s will work effectively with others as part of a team consisting of Team Manager, Advanced Team Members and Team Members, who together possess all the skills to convert product on an hour by hour basis complying with Quality, Safety and any other legislative requirements.
The role may require each TC to cover the role of others when they are away from work, including those on shifts, or stand in for the AEM.
- Take personal responsibility for health & safety
- Help to generate and maintain compliance to SOP’s (Single Point Lessons)/Risk Assessments. Carry out work in a standardised way.
- Minimise waste and re-cycle all product effectively
- Maintain high standards of Hygiene and Housekeeping
- Report plant performance using appropriate company systems and ensure action/communication of non-conformance issues. Verbally communicate to AEM’s, TM’s and operators and compete daily production log.
- Ensure operational key information is effectively communicated to colleagues and other shift teams during the shift handover procedure.
- Carry out duties and tasks across the factory as deemed necessary and suitable to reduce idle time. Daily patrols with previous shift TC’s to check plant at shift handover
- Train, assess, coach and support ATM’s and Team Members ref: the devolvement of basic engineering skills
- As an engineering expert, to input into team action plans and continuous improvement activities, especially ref: SMED, 5S, OEE, Autonomous Maintenance, TPM
- Assume responsibility for the mechanical and electrical integrity of equipment by carrying out the following:
- Effective planned maintenance inspections as per plan, reviewing frequencies, parts used, meantime between failure rates
- Overhaul and repair of plant
- Complete stores requisitions for parts and contract services
- Continually monitor plant conditions and report defects
- Deliver a consistent and improving plant reliability through the effective management and monitoring of downtime, PPM conformance, engineering planning and use of SAP PM/Shires and elements of the engineering budget
- Report and present all performance matters routinely, including trends and breakdown/fault data
- Act as the team champions of good engineering standards
- Carry out safety checks on equipment in line with legislation and best practice
- Ensure the Permit To Work (PTW) system is controlled in an effective and safe manner
- To competently operate food manufacturing equipment as and when required
- HNC (desirable)
- Formal Engineering qualification to at least City & Guilds level, NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in a mechanical and/or electrical discipline with corresponding practical experience (essential)
- SAP PM/Shires superuser status achieved
- Lean tools and techniques (essential to BIT L2 over short term. Desirable to BIT L3)
- Safety (Essential Working Safely CERT)
- Manufacturing (Desirable)
- Technical (Level 2 Food Safety essential)
If you’re interested in this role, please apply – we’d be thrilled to hear from you! For more information you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this role please click here.